Friday, January 22, 2010

Kept

In the midst of excitement and uncertainties, a phrase from 1 Peter resounds in my mind. I know that there is no power in my own will to make me a faithful follower of the Lord-- at home or any where else. But there is great hope in this: that I am "kept by the power of God."

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." 1 Peter 1:3-5

We leave today for Florence! I'll do my best to post pics and updates. Thank you for your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Katie,

    I love you and I miss you already. Praying your flight goes well and you both arrive safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. get it girl! I pray for many special people that come your way today....new faces but same God loving us :) probably a lot to take in, but good thing that starts with breathing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buongiorno, Katie! :)
    How are you? Were doing well here, were "rock 'n' and ROLLING OUT pottery!" :) I really don't know what to say, I hardly ever comment on blogs.. :/ I've been thinking about you both a lot these past few days! I'm sure you two are having a splendid time together!
    Have a wonderful day! Please tell Sydney I said "Hi." Grazie.
    Ti amo~
    Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete