Monday, May 3, 2010

Bologna... in a nutshell.

Seas of white tents,
Full of cheap goods.

Heavy brick architecture in shades of warm umber.


Medieval town square.

Miles of arcades.


Proud inhabitants.

A man on a bicycle noticed that we were clearly not Bolognese (the camera and map were dead give-aways). As he rode past he cheerfully exclaimed, "You are visiting the most beautiful city in the world!" To which we replied, "Yes, yes! Of course!"
I don't know that I can entirely agree that it is the most beautiful place, but I wouldn't dare disagree with a Bolognan on a bicycle.

P.S.
Just in case you missed our adventure in Verona

5 comments:

  1. Katie, if your pics show just half the beauty of Italy, it must be spectacular in person. Keep the blogs coming, I LOVE seeing and reading about your adventures! When are you coming home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Van! Thank you so much for the comment! Makes me want to keep on blogging (knowing that there are actually people out there who read it).
    Yes, I would say that Italy is spectacular. Amazingly beautiful. I leave Florence in only a week, which is hard to believe! The past few months have gone by so quickly. After that, I am going to spend a few days in Southern Italy (Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento), then Paris, then London. I fly home on May 25th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. London! Can I come with you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure you can! Meet us there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 19 more days.

    But actually, it's 23 until I get to see you. Sad.

    ReplyDelete